Computer security software or cybersecurity software are computer programs designed to influence information security. These software solutions usually take the form of an Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) or Endpoint Threat Detection and Response (ETDR) software.
EDR is an integrated security solution that combines real-time continuous monitoring and collection of endpoint data with rule-based automated response and analysis capabilities.
The primary function of EDR security solutions are:
- Monitor and collect activity data from endpoints that could indicate a threat
- Analyse the data to identify threat patterns
- Automatically respond to identified threats to remove or contain them and to notify the security personnel.
- Forensics and analysis tools to research identified risks and search for suspicious activities.
Critical Components of EDR Security
Endpoint Data Collection Agents
Agents control endpoint monitoring and collect data – processes, connections, the volume of activity, and data transfers – into a central database.
Rules in an EDR solution can recognise when incoming data had indicators of a known type of security breach and triggers an automatic response. Such as to log off an end-user or send an alert to a key member.
Analysis & Forensics
Can incorporate both real-time analytics, for diagnosis of threats that don’t fit the pre-configured rules. And forensics tools for threat. hunting or conducting a post-mortem analysis of an attack.
TakeNote IT are proud to say that we make use of one of the best EDR Security Solutions available; Crowdstrike.
“Customers buy an EDR solution for its detection capabilities, and there simply are no other vendors in the space that have an intelligence organisation of CrowdStrike’s scale to enable the development and services to deliver that capability.”
— The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Detection And Response, Q1 2020
Use TakeNote IT for your organisations integrated security solutions to ensure your data, personnel and infrastructure is safe and secured.
Don’t just take it from us; here are some great articles on why Crowdstrike is the best choice:
- Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer’ for Endpoint Detection and Response Solutions – Released in May 2020
- Forrester Wave for Endpoint Detection and Response – Released in March 2020
- Gartner Magic Quadrant – Released in August 2019
- Gartner Critical Capabilities – Released in October 2019
- Forrester Wave for Endpoint Security Suites – Released in September 2019